Welcome to Our Church!
Blessed Sacrament is a Roman Catholic Church located just outside of Washington, DC, within the Diocese of Arlington in Virginia under the direction of Most Reverend Bishop Paul Loverde. Our pastor is Reverend John C. Cregan.
For information about our priests, click here. For a listing of our office directory, click here. If you have any questions regarding the parish, please do not hesitate to contact the parish office by email or by phone
Read about our Parish in the Arlington Catholic Herald!
There are no emergency announcements at this time.
1. Our good shepherd, Bishop Loverde, just re-issued his pastoral letter on the problem of pornography. With 1 in 4 addicted to pornography, this is a letter we all need to read: http://arlingtondiocese.org/purity/index.aspx
2. Looking for the Lent and Holy Week schedules? Click here.
3. Bash 2014- All Middle School students are invited to the Diocesan Bash 2014 on Saturday, May 10, 2014, at Paul VI High School. Download the flyer by clicking here. The cost is $10/person. If you have any questions, email Mary Sample at firstname.lastname@example.org Permission slips (which can be downloaded by clicking here) are due to Mary by May 5th.
4. May 13 is the Feast of Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, as well as Our Lady of Fatima. On this day, Father Cregan will consecrate our parish to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, following Pope Francis' consecration of the world to her. To prepare for this, we will be praying a prayer of consecration each day for 33 days at Sunday and daily Masses starting this Thursday, April 10 (the solemnity of Fr Dyer). We invite those who are not able to come to daily Mass to pray with us. Copies of the prayer will be made available throughout the church this week, and it will be posted on the website as well. Please look out for it and plan to start with us on April 10!!
5. Save-the-Dates for this coming summer- Keep the following dates in mind for religious education and stay tuned for registration forms and details!
- Confirmation Camp (alternative to school-year CCD for rising 7th/8th graders)- July 21-25
- Vacation Bible School for grades K-4 -July 14-18. Click here to download the registration form. If you are a rising 5th grader through high school, you can apply for a Captain's position, which includes leading small groups of younger children and performing skits with adult supervision.
6. Walking with Purpose” aims to bring women to a deeper personal relationship with Jesus Christ in a personal study and small group discussions. The next session is a six-week program entitled Living in Freedom, and is on Mondays from April 28-June 9 (except Memorial Day). There are morning and evening sessions (morning includes childcare). Space is limited and the deadline to register is April 10th. Click here for more information and to register; you can also register in the Parish Office.
7. The Holy Father, Pope Francis, has just issued an encyclical, Lumen Fidei, which was initiated by Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI. Click here to be taken to the page on the Vatican website.
8. Are in you curious about Catholicism, or know someone who is? Catholic already, and want to know more? Our RCIA class starts again May 22 and will run through January. Click here for the schedule. Contact Susan Doyle at email@example.com or 703.998.6100, x102.
9. Do you know someone who’s curious about Catholicism? Are you someone who has some questions, but not ready to commit to an RCIA class? Virtual Inquiry may be just for you! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get started!
10. The Blessed Sacrament Blog page has been launched! Check it out by clicking on this link!
11. Volunteers are needed to prepare and serve evening meals once a month at Christ House. Volunteers are also needed for food delivery. Click here for the details.
For more news, check our weekly bulletin!
Last Update: April 13, 2014 4:21 PM